Inca Trail Policies
Inca Trail Policies contain important information regarding Classic Inca Trail and other treks to Machu Picchu booking with “Sunrise Peru Trek”. It is essential that you read them carefully and understand them. The Inca Trail Policies constitute a legally binding contract between “Sunrise Peru Trek” and you for the services provided by “Sunrise Peru Trek” and set out the basis of your legal relationship with “Sunrise Peru Trek” reservation and Payment:
- In order to confirm your bookings we require a nonrefundable sum of US$ 200 (US$ Two Hundred) only per person which you can send us by bank transfer or pay with credit card. The balance rest of the trip amount can be paid upon you arrival in Cusco or any time before the trip starts.
- Make sure to pay the bank charges at your end while making the bank transfer. There will be 04% extra charge on all credit and debit card payment as card processing fee as per the rule in Peru.
- All rates are in US dollars unless otherwise stated.
- If you leave the trip group, whatever the reason be, once the trip starts, no refund will be given for any unused portion of the trip.
- If we fail to provide you the trip (completely or partially), under unexpected circumstances like flight cancellations by the airlines, snow, landslide etc. (situations not in our control) we would offer you alternative trip of similar nature and standard. However, any extra expenses incurred to you due to this cancellation would be your own responsibility.
- “Sunrise Peru Trek” or our trekking group leader / guide reserves the right to alter the route, walking duration and make other amendments for the safety and interest of the group, specially n weather difficulties, group member sickness or injury.
- Our trekking staffs will always render you most sincere services and we guarantee you that none of our staffs will harm or steal your belongings. We can’t be held responsible for any unfortunate situations of loss or theft of your properties during the trip.
- “Sunrise Peru Trek” will do our best to make your journey safe and comfortable, you travel at your own risk at all times.
- “Sunrise Peru Trek” uses your email and personal details solely for the purpose of processing your inquiries and operating your trip. We do not sell or share your personal details with anyone nor will we use it for any purposes other than mentioned above.
- If you have any complaint about your trip, you must make it known at the earliest opportunity to us at “Sunrise Peru Trek”.
THE INCA TRAIL BOOKING AGREEMENT
Your Inca Trail to machu Picchu booking is confirmed and a contract exists when SUNRISE PERU TREK or your travel agent issues a written confirmation after receipt of the applicable deposit amount. Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to the Tour Operator or authorized agent immediately. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport.
You must be at least 18 years of age to make a booking. You agree to provide full, complete and accurate information to the Tour Operator.
BOOKING INCA TRAIL TOUR ON BEHALF OF OTHERS
By booking on behalf of other participants, you are deemed to be the designated contact person for every participant included on that booking. This means that you are responsible for making all payments due in connection with your Tour booking, notifying to SUNRISE PERU TREK or your travel agent if any changes or cancellations are required and keeping your party informed.
By booking on behalf of another person or persons, you represent and warrant that you have obtained all required consents. You are responsible for verifying that any information you provide on behalf of another participant is complete and accurate and the Tour Operator will under no circumstances be liable for any errors or omissions in the information provided to complete a booking.
MANDATORY INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU
YOU MUST HAVE TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH A MINIMUM MEDICAL, EVACUATION AND REPATRIATION COVERAGE OF US$200,000 covering all applicable dates of travel with SUNRISE PERU TREK. This insurance must cover personal injury and emergency medical expenses. On the first day of each Tour, a representative of the Tour Operator will verify that you have sufficient insurance in place. You are strongly recommended to extend your coverage to include cancellation, curtailment, and all other expenses that may arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience while traveling.
You acknowledge that insurance coverage is not included in the cost of any Tour offered by SUNRISE PERU TREK and you are required to obtain separate coverage at an additional cost. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient coverage and comply with the terms of the applicable insurance plans. You are responsible for advising your insurer of the type of travel, destination(s) and activities included in your booking so that the insurer may provide appropriate coverage.
APPROVAL OF RISK DURING THE INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU
You acknowledge that adventures travel and the products and services offered by SUNRISE PERU TREK may involve a significant amount of risk to your health and safety. By traveling with the SUNRISE PERU TREK you acknowledge that you have considered any potential risks to health and safety.
You hereby assume responsibility for all such risk and releases the SUNRISE PERU TREK from all claims and causes of action arising from any losses, damages or injuries or death resulting from risks inherent in travel, including adventure travel specifically, visiting foreign destinations, and participating in adventurous activities such as those included in Tour itineraries or otherwise offered by the SUNRISE PERU TREK.
You acknowledge that the degree and nature of personal risk involved depends on the products or services booked and the location(s) in which a product or service operates, and that there may be a significant degree of personal risk involved in participating, particularly participating in physical activities, travel to remote locations, carriage by watercraft, participation in “extreme sports” or other high-risk activities, or travel to countries with developing infrastructure.
Standards of hygiene, accommodation and transport in certain countries where Tours take place are often lower than the standards you may reasonably expect in your home country or region. You agree that SUNRISE PERU TREK is not responsible for providing information or guidance with respect to local customs, weather conditions, specific safety concerns, physical challenges or laws in effect in any locations where a Tour, product or service is operated. You acknowledge you have considered the potential risks, dangers and challenges and your own personal capabilities and needs, and you expressly assume the risks associated with travel under such conditions.
MORE INCA TRAIL POLICIES FOR BOOKING
- Book the Inca Trail ASAP with a tour operator. There are two types of companies that will try and sell you an Inca trail package: registered tour operators and middle men, otherwise known as endosars. The registered tour operators are a small quantity that run, sell, and operate their own Inca Trail Tours.
- All operators will ask you for a deposit which is generally NON-REFUNDABLE. It is non-refundable simply because the MINISTERIO DE CULTURA does not give back the agencies any money when a passenger cancels or changes a date. The operator then has to re-apply for a new permit if passengers change dates. Agency has different Payment methods.
- There is no such thing as a WAITLIST / CANCELLATION LIST. If any agency / operator tell you that they can do this, they are simply not telling the truth and are operating illegally! It’s as simple as if a passenger cancels their space is not given to anybody else.
Inca Trail Trek Itineraries
The Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu involves 3-day trek and one day explores Machu Picchu the icon of the Incas. During the trek you’ll use camping tents and all equipment will be transported by our porters. Food will be prepared by our mountain chef and the ingredients will be local fresh food. In the trail everyone takes his on speed, is not necessary to walk fast since in the high altitudes the body requires more oxygen than normal… Read More
The Short Inca Trail Trek is also known as a “Sacred Trail to Machu Picchu” only the first day you’ll walk on your second day after a hearty breakfast you’ll explore the stunning Machu Picchu with our best guide. During the tour you’ll visit the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, our visit last around two hours, then you will have free time to stroll around the citadel….. Read More
Comfort Class Inca Trail 5 days
The Comfort Class Inca Trail or trekking to this hidden gem of Peru, promises unlimited adventure, culture and panoramic geographical landscape, so beautiful and serene that it will make you want to come back to this place again and again. Despite being one of the most famous trekking routes in the Peru, the trail is the least visited trekking trail; although the entrance to the national park of Machu Picchu is limited by the Peruvian government…Read More
Patabamba Trek to Machu Pcchu 3 days
The Patabamba Trek starts from the community of Patabamba 3,500 meters and heads to Lamay. From here we’ll take car to the train station of Ollantaytambo and ride the train to the village of Aguas Calientes where you’ll have accommodation in the hotel. If you wish you can take baths in the thermal baths of Aguas Calientes…. Read More